Tuesday, October 2, 2018


Hollow of Fear
by Sherry Thomas

Charlotte Holmes, Lady Sherlock, finds herself embroiled with Lord Ingram again as a body is discovered on his estate, Stern Hollow, while playing host to a house full of unexpected guests.  

This is my first foray into the Lady Sherlock mysteries and though I enjoyed the overall story, I found myself at a loss often.  This is the third volume and there are references to previous occurrences that are not made clear, leaving the reader to their own devices to fill in the blanks.  The mystery at the root of this volume is cleverly plotted and engaging, but again, it has history in previous installments.  As much as I enjoyed this, I would encourage others to begin at the beginning with A Study in Scarlet Women.  I personally would like to learn what is at the bottom of the animosity Charlotte holds against her parents.  Guess I’ll be adding two more titles to my ‘To Be Read’ list.  This should be added to library collections that contain the first two volumes.
#HollowOfFear  #NetGalley

I would like to thank the publishers and NetGalley for their generosity in allowing me access to the digital Advanced Reader’s Copy for my honest review.

PUB:  Berkley Publishing
PUB DATE:  October 2, 2018
ISBN:  9780425281420

Genre:  Historical Fiction, Mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment