Monday, February 5, 2018

Funeral Platter: Stories
by Greg Ames

As it happens, I’m not a big fan of contemporary story lines.  Nor am I a fan of short stories in general.  However, I do like to stay up on what is current and if someone comes to me asking for something quirky I like to be able to talk up a book or give them an idea of what is available. 

Funeral Platter is a book filled with a collection of wickedly irreverent stories that will captivate readers who love to look at life through the pen of someone like Ames.  He gives his readers a skewed look at life’s day-to-day trials and challenges.   From the challenge and risk of online dating in I Feel Free, backing out on one’s decision to begin a responsible future as in Quagmire, even the challenge of retirement and aging as in Before the Burial.  Yeah, we’ve all had some of the thoughts and rough feelings regarding life within these stories, hopefully handling them better than some of the characters. Read them, laugh and cheer, gasp and flinch.  Believe it or not, there is a little something for everyone within covers of Funeral Platter.

I wish to thank Skyhorse Publishing for providing a copy of this title for my honest review.   

PUB:   Arcade Publishing/Skyhorse Publishing
PUB DATE:  Available for purchase now
ISBN:  9781510725812


Genre:  General Fiction/Short Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment