Tuesday, April 30, 2019


Thread on Arrival
by Lea Wait

What makes you pick the next installment of a series?  A continued plotline, the characters, the author?   I find myself going with the last two more and more.  Characters and settings that familiar to me are just as good as comfort food.  Things have been a little tough around my house lately and discovering a new installment of Wait’s Mainely Needlepoint series was like a bowl of mac n’ cheese for me.  Though she addresses tough issues she does it without bashing you over the head with them.  Her books are just a good, satisfying read.  I’ve enjoyed them all and this one doesn’t disappoint.

Ike Hamilton isn’t homeless, but he is living below the poverty level and collects the town’s bottles and cans for cash.  The Haven Harbor Chamber of Commerce see him as an eyesore and not the face they want the tourist to see when they come to town.  When Ike is murdered, some feel it was a petty crime and want to take the quick solution.  Angie wants justice for Ike and for the young man who is being accused.  Little does she know she is about to open many eyes to what is really going on behind the closed doors of Haven Harbor. 

I wish to thank the publisher and NetGalley for allowing me access to the Advanced Reader Copy for my honest review.

PUB:  Kensington Books
PUB DATE:  April 30, 2019
ISBN:  9781496716736

Genre:  Cozy Mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment