Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Big Decisions

I’ve tried to keep my reviews ‘professional’ using the lingo professionals use when they talk about the books they read.  I’m not getting paid by journals and publishers to read and talk about their products.  Nor am I a person who spouts vindictively about any books I read.  I’m not going to pretend to find everything I read fits into my little shelf of preferred reading.  However, a person took the time to put those words onto paper to tell a story.  It may not float my boat, but there is someone out there who will enjoy it.  I like to find things that I can talk to people about and get them excited about the book even if I’m not. 

When I talk to people about what I’ve read, I don’t use the professional phrases.  I’m not a professional editor or publisher.  I’m just someone who loves to read books and talk about books.  I will admit that I don’t usually read what is popular.  For me, popular fiction is too realistic and deals with situations that, I personally, don’t wish to spend my relaxing, reading time jumping into.  A majority of people read what is popular.  I prefer to read something that I have discovered on my own but isn’t too intense. That’s just me.


On that note, you won’t find a lot of bells and whistles on my blog.  It’s not flashy.  It’s not really that pretty.  You will find odd and non-mainstream titles that I will talk about.  I might include the odd semi-popular title but whether they are included or not,  I hope you find something that will interest you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment